Our "Made in the USA" double jacket lay-flat hose meets and exceeds all NFPA 1961 standards. This hose is constructed of an EPDM synthetic rubber tube and a double layer of 100% polyester woven jackets. The rubber lining is a single-ply extruded tube of synthetic EPDM compounded to resist ozone. Double jacket refers to the second layer polyester covering woven from staple polyester yarn added for increased abrasion resistance.
How To Purchase Fire Hose
- Always ask where the hose is manufactured - Buy American!
- Adding color impregnation improves durability compared to untreated white hose
- 50 foot lengths are easier to handle and offer more layout flexibility vs. 100 foot lengths
- The most common hose, thread and couplings in use by fire departments today is double jacket hose with aluminum NH / NST
- Double jacket hose with any color is the most durable hose available
- Municipal Fire Departments
- De-contamination / Wash Down
- Fire Rescue
- Chemical Fire Protection
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Use
Test Ratings (Water Only With Expansion Ring Couplings)
- Service Pressure (A 3-minute hydrostatic test conducted by users on in-service hose to determine suitability for continued service)
- Proof Test Pressure (A pressure equal to a least two times the service test pressure)
- PSI Burst Test Pressure